Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hives.

I have seen nearly 10 different doctors, each more then once, and 0
success so far. Wanted to make a topic here if anyone has ideas.

I suffer from hives, I got them when I was about 10 years old. The
things that trigger them are as follows.

Heat - Hot days when the suns out they become the worst.

Anger - If I am very upset about something I get it

Uncomfortable situations - Such as when I was in school and had to
present a project in front of the class.

These hives are on my face, my neck, my arms, and my chest.

The doctors tell me what causes it is allergies, they tell me though
that I am allergic to dust mites (of course) dogs/cats. However If I
just rub my face in my dog or something nothing at all happens. I am
perfectly fine. I have told my doctors this and they just say they
dont know.

If I take medicines such as Zyrtec, the hives are not present. Instead
I just get a rash. Red dots they are just as bad as the hives in the
same areas.

I have tried medicines called Hydroxyz (made things worse) and even
special medicines from out of the country they have not worked.

One thing they never told me that I was curious about was the fact
that I have severely dry skin. Thick scales on the knees, peeling skin
on back/legs. Yet my areas were I get the rash are perfectly fine. Can
this be related? I am currently working on fixing all of this dry skin
right now with expensive lotions, will this maybe effect it? Or am I
having false hope?